Monday, June 18, 2012

Book Club Anxiety

I'm currently re-reading Sex at Dawn, since it's been 4 months and I'm hosting a book club discussion on it Friday night. Girls only. Some of these girls I know very well, some slightly; all I trust to some extent because of how the group is maintained. I just don't know that I'm comfortable talking about my life at all with a group of people. I'd like to keep the discussion centered on the book and hypothetical situations. But I won't be the only one there, of course, and I'm not sure how it will work out. I am, honestly, squirming just thinking about it. Hopefully re-reading will help straighten out my thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand that apprehension. I've seen my wife talking with friends about this stuff and she seems so comfortable with it. We live in a pretty progressive part of the US which no doubt makes it easier but I'm still fairly uncomfortable talking about any specifics. I think it goes back to my relatively introverted nature combined with my religious upbringing still leaving feelings of guilt.

    Good luck, hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how did the book club go?

    ReplyDelete